Saturday, September 26, 2009

Assignment Six

1)The three topics that I am choosing to do some research on are:

a) When will cars be fully automatedWhen looking up research on when will cars be fully automated, I found a person's page that talks about that and some other things about where the car is heading. The site is: http://chris.pirillo.com/what-will-cars-of-tomorrow-be-like/. He has set it up where he talks about where cars will be tomorrow. For example: Cars with no wheels, Renewable Energy, Free Content, Full Heads-up Display, and Automated Driving. He goes into a little bit of detail on the topics, and there there are other people who comment on these, so you get more then one persons thoughts on the matter, which i think is cool. The most interesting thing to me was to be honest the whole page. I enjoyed reading people's thoughts on these topics. I agree and disagree with some of the things mentioned on here. I don't know really know of any questions but one "Where will the car be heading to?" I think that is everyone questions though.



b)When will the broadband Internet speed/download speed offering reach 1 GBPS
When looking up research on when will the broadband Internet speed/download speed be offing 1 GBPS, I found a site that talks about our Internet speed vs other countries Internet speed. the site is: http://www.physorg.com/news170447728.html. The site is about how we are ranked 28th in Internet connection speed. Where as other countries are already having faster connection speed. It also talks about how were are falling further behind these countries and it does not look like we are gonna get a faster connection soon. I found the site to be very interesting and very much fact fully on where we stand with other countries on connection speed. I do agree with the site, but I also disagree because I do think that we will get there on connection speed. I don't know how long it will be, but I believe that we will get there. Now with that being said when we get there will these other countries already have another higher connection speed the answer is more then likely.

c) Will Mac take control of the software from Microsoft.
When looking up research on when will Mac ever take over Microsoft I found a interesting site which is: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=788398&page=2. On this Forum it lets different people with different thoughts discuss where Mac and Microsoft are heading. Most of the people on here are discussing the pros and cons of each company. Mac has these but Microsoft's doesn't or Microsoft has these but Mac doesn't. I think these site has some good information about what the two have done and where the two may go with there past. I would have to say that I agree with these site I didn't see anything that I disagree with.

2)My topic is "Green energy" technologies and I am going to branch out and pick 10 triz and apply them to Green energy technologies.
*Branching out: Energy efficient means for example light bulbs.
  • illumination of dark
  • programmable color (mood detection, example if I am sad the light is blue)
  • programmable direction
  • can display information
  • heat less bulb
* Triz Topics
  • Segmentation: Lights, Applications, installation
  • Taking out: remove the heat, but keep the light
  • Local Quality: make it where there is a dimmer and directionality
  • Assymetry: 3-way lighting---- 1 click turns on 2 lights, 2 clicks turns on 3 lights then 3 clicks turns on all 5
  • Universality: Lights can light up a room and not heat a room
  • Preliminary action: while making energy efficient bulbs make them smaller at the same time
  • Continuity of useful action: have the lights have a sensor on them so they can detect when someone is in the room or not( will eliminate people not Turing off lights when they are done)
  • Color changes: Lights change to your mood........Blue for sad, yellow for happy, etc.
  • Turn Lemons into Lemonade: make a recyclable light bulb
  • The other way round: have the light bulb click in instead of screw
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment