Sunday, November 22, 2009

Assignment 14

Question One a:
I didn't get to see the actually Leonid shower, but I did google them and watched them on video. Here is what I have found on the Leonid Shower that happened on November 17, 2009: http://stardate.org/movies/mediacenter/stardate-leonids-1920x1080.mov. Its not the actually shower but a re-done one. Meteor showers to me are crazy to think about. I mean most meteor showers that happen the meteor usually never hits the earths surface. It also blows my mind when doing research on Meteor Showers that they know when this showers are going to happen that is just mind boggling to me. I really don't know how to descried them but as that they look like flaming rocks of some sort traveling at high speeds toward the earths surface, but never hit 9 times out of 10.

Question One b:
According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_the_Moon. They state that "The colonization of the Moon is the proposed establishment of permanent human communities on the Moon. Advocates of space exploration have seen settlement of the Moon as a logical step in the expansion of humanity beyond the Earth. Polar colonies would be ideal for avoiding long cold nights and to take full advantage of the sun." They have also said that with the future of the earth and they way things are going that the moon has been seen as the first candidate for the location of humanity's first permanently. They have also just recently found water on the moon. Looking at wikipedia there are several advantages and disadvantages in colonization on the moon.

Question Two:
I am still working on my slides for the final presentation, and hopeing that I am finished in time. :)

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment